I want to
My Library | Special Needs
Corner White and Price Streets, Nerang QLD 4211
Now open to order and collect items, and for browsing by appointment only on Thursdays and Fridays.
Our Special Needs Library provides resources to help with the development and rehabilitation of children and adults with special needs. These resources support a range of developmental needs, including:
- fine and gross motor skills
- speech and language skills
- imaginative play.
Any Gold Coast Libraries member with a disability (or their legal guardian) can borrow our resources. An allied health professional such as speech or occupational therapist, a teacher, general practitioner or Community Health Nurse will need to refer you using our referral form above. To get started, call us on 07 5581 7180 to make an appointment for an initial introduction to the library.
After your introductory visit, you can request resources using the library catalogue and most items can be picked up from any library. You can borrow up to 10 items at a time, for up to four weeks.
Our Special Needs Library services are currently limited by COVID-19 restrictions:
- Special Needs customers can now order and collect items through the library catalogue. See a list of our newest items.
- Holds checked out to customers who are booked for that day will be stored and prepared on tables located within the Special Needs Library.
- Due to quarantine and cleaning requirements, only a restricted range of items are currently available to borrow.
- Visits to the library for browsing are by appointment only on Thursdays and Fridays, to help minimise the number of people in the space at any given time. Please contact us for an appointment.
Facilities available at the Special Needs Library*
- Disabled access and lift
- disabled parking
- other facilities provided by Nerang Library.
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, some facilities may be unavailable. Please check with the library.
Special Needs eNewsletter
If you want to stay up to date on new Special Needs Library resources, recommended items and upcoming events, subscribe to our Special Needs Library eNewsletter.
We're always interested in your feedback and looking to improve the website wherever possible.