If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group that meets at the Helensvale Library and Culture Centre, find out what's on at the centre.
Make sure to visit the page regularly to keep up to date with monthly updates of new activities. When you find something you like, please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates prior to attending your first class.
The Gold Coast events calendar has details of special events at community centres and other locations across the city.
The Cultural Centre was designed as a multi-purpose venue, with spaces to accommodate a range of regular activities and special one-off events.
The auditorium allows both touring international performers to have an intimate performance venue and community groups to showcase local talent in a professional, industry standard venue. This creative hub features spaces for the community to nurture and develop their skills and the broader community access to the arts.
- Free Wi-Fi and Internet is available to members of the Helensvale Library on their personal devices utilising a temporary username and password.
- Recording studio - catering to all genres of music with digital equipment for all musicians with competitive pricing for young and upcoming individuals and bands looking to record.
- Dance studio - featuring a sprung wooden floor, floor to ceiling mirrors and ballet barre, specifically designed as a rehearsal room for individuals or small groups.
- Auditorium - with 208 seats featuring unique retractable seating. When retracted the space suits theatre in the round or interactive conference workshops. When the seating is extended, it provides perfect line of sight for everyone attending an event. The flat, black box stage is ideal for dance, drama, the professional speaker circuit, lectures or business conferences.
- In-house audio visual support – including qualified sound and lighting technicians available to support events at competitive hourly rates for both the recording studio and auditorium hirers.
- City of Gold Coast Customer Service Centre
- Helensvale Library
- Division 2 Councillor’s Office
The Helensvale Library and Cultural Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically designed features:
- reception office is accessible by wheelchair
- seven designated accessible parking spaces are available within the Helensvale Plaza Shopping Centre car park
- accessible pathways leading to amenities and rooms throughout the centre
- accessible bathroom facility’s provided within the centre
- lift access available
- free recharge points for electric mobility devices within the centre’s foyer.
The Helensvale Library and Cultural Centre features modern and technologically advanced meeting and multi-purpose rooms, all of which are equipped with the latest audio visual equipment.
Everyone in the community; individuals, businesses, clubs and not-for-profit groups are welcome to hire any of the six professionally presented spaces. These include meeting rooms, a music studio with recording capabilities, dance studio and 208-seat auditorium.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The Community Centre hire information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded on the Community Centre hire information page
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the finer details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centres team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a ‘Notice to Pay’ to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance, and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: 62 Sir John Overall Drive, Helensvale
Bus: Translink Bus Route 725
Car: From M1 Southbound or Northbound - take exit 62
Parking: The car park is shared with the Helensvale Plaza Shopping Centre and offers three hours free. Customers attending an activity that is longer than three hours are encouraged to discuss alternative parking options with the community centre team located on the ground floor.