If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group that meets at the Ormeau Community Centre, find out what's on at your local community centre. Please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates prior to attending your first class.
Our Gold Coast events calendar provides details of events hosted at community centres as well as other locations across the city.
The Ormeau Community Centre exists to provide a convenient, safe space where the community can run special events, attend regular activities and utilise services.
- Free Wi-Fi and Internet - available to visitors on their personal devices.
- Dance studio - featuring a sprung wooden floor, floor to ceiling mirrors and ballet barre, specifically designed as a rehearsal room for individuals or small groups.
- Ormeau Seniors Coffee and Chat Group - a welcoming social group of seniors meets in the main foyer between 9.30am and 11.30am every Tuesday. No membership, no formalities, just people connecting with others in their community.
- Book Box Library - an early years lending library and play-based learning space.
- Project Booyah - offers a police run, leadership and mentor program to help young people make better life choices.
- My Horizon - provides community access for people with disabilities within their office at the Centre.
The Ormeau Community Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically designed features:
- reception office accessible by wheelchair
- two designated accessible parking spaces
- accessible pathways leading to amenities and rooms throughout the centre
- accessible bathroom facility provided within the centre.
The Ormeau Community Centre features modern and technologically advanced meeting and multi-purpose rooms, all of which are equipped with the latest audio visual equipment.
Everyone in the community - individuals, businesses, clubs; and not for profit groups - is welcome to take advantage of the seven professionally presented hireable spaces.
These include small private consultation rooms, a kids’ space, dance studio and large multi-use conference room.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The Community Centre hire information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded from our Community centre hire information page.
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centre team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a Notice to Pay sent to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction for the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
The Ormeau Community Centre on the roundabout on Cuthbert Drive, adjacent to the Norfolk Village Shopping Centre, opposite the Norfolk Tavern and the Skate Park.
Location: 3 Cuthbert Drive, Ormeau (corner of Pascoe Road)
Bus: Translink bus route 728 and 729
Car: From M1 southbound or northbound take exit 41.
Parking: The Ormeau Community Centre has 40 dedicated car spaces including two accessible spaces.