Programs and activities for families and children
The City of Gold Coast offers a range of programs and activities for families and children. Keep an eye out for new programs and activities by visiting the websites below or by dropping into your local library.
- Active & Healthy program - The Active & Healthy program is jam-packed with activities and programs designed to get you up, out and active in the beautiful Gold Coast.
- Beach access and wheelchairs - Find out about accessible beaches including beach matting and beach wheelchairs for use by the community free of charge. Beach wheelchairs are available in adult and child sizes.
- BMX - The Gold Coast is home to the most skate and BMX parks in Australia.
- Community centres - The Gold Coast has over 40 venues across the city from Ormeau in the north to Kirra Hill in the south and west to Springbrook. To find out what activities are happening check out the 'what's on' guide for each venue.
- Events calendar - Find out what’s on across the Gold Coast every week, including family-friendly, free and low-cost events.
- Free cycling workshops - The City of Gold Coast is offering a series of free workshops to help you enjoy the many benefits that cycling provides.
- Libraries - City of Gold Coast has 13 branch libraries and a mobile library service, as well as free community access to computers, wifi, and meeting rooms. Membership is available to residents and ratepayers (including children).
- Movies under the Stars - Check out the dates and locations of free movies under the stars in Gold Coast parks and selected schools.
- Naturally GC - The City ‘s NaturallyGC program is designed for people interested in connecting with and exploring our city's wonderful natural environment, through nature based activities, workshops and nature based recreation. Find out about bushwalks, kayaking, nature photography, walks for kids, and tree planting activities.
- Parks and recreation - Our city is home to many fantastic parks and playgrounds.
- School based education programs - City of Gold Coast provides information, support and visits to schools who want to include Council’s role, work and governance structure in the curriculum. We also run programs to engage and educate young people about Council, and to recognise the contribution that children and young people make to our community. Find out more about our current programs and services.
- School holiday activities - Find out about free or low cost activities during the school holidays.
- Swimming and aquatic centres - City of Gold Coast operates seven aquatic centres across the city. Our pool complexes offer the community a large range of aquatic activities, from toddler swimming lessons and fitness classes to squad training for the elite athlete.
- Youth centres - After school and school holiday programs operate from various City of Gold Coast community centres. The programs are designed for young people aged between 12 and 17 years and all activities are free.
- Accessible facilities and services - Find out more about accessible parks, playgrounds, Changing Places facilities and services on our People with disabilities page.
Return to top