Our centres are used by community groups, business, and not for profit organisations to run their activities and events
If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group that meets at the Runaway Bay Community Centre, find out what's on at the Centre on our list of regular activities that take place.
Make sure to visit the page regularly to keep up to date with the monthly updates of new activities. When you find something for you, please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates prior to attending your first class.
The Gold Coast events calendar lists special events at community centres and other locations across the city.
Click to enlarge
The Runaway Bay Community Centre exists to provide a convenient, safe space where the community can run special events, attend regular activities and utilise services.
Booking enquiries for the Runaway Bay Community Centre is provided off-site at a central reservation office, during normal office hours. Call them directly on 07 5581 7015 to arrange an on site inspection.
Unique to the Runaway Bay Community Centre is:
- Runaway Bay Senior Citizens: Providing three opportunities per week for seniors to socialise while doing a range of activities, including Tai Chi.
- Senior Citizens Bowls Runaway Bay. Indoor bowls competition once per week.
Other City services:
The Runaway Bay Community Centre is conveniently located close to a range other City services:
The Runaway Bay Community Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically designed features:
- two designated accessible parking spaces
- accessible pathways leading to amenities and the main hall
- five accessible bathroom facilities provided within the centre.
Please note that the level one meeting rooms at this centre can only be reached by stairs and there is no elevator.
The Runaway Bay Community Centre features a large community hall with a stage and two small meeting rooms upstairs.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The Community Centre hire information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded on the Community Centre hire information page
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the finer details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centres team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a ‘Notice to Pay’ to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance, and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: Lae Drive, Runaway Bay
(Next to Runaway Bay Library)
Bus: Translink Bus Routes 712, 713, 719
Car: From M1 northbound - take exit 62, drive east on Brisbane Road navigating to Oxley Drive and Lae Drive. From M1 southbound take exit 57, drive east on Hope Island Road and continue south as the road becomes Oxley Drive, navigating to Lae Drive.
Parking: The Runaway Bay Community Centre has approximately 300 car spaces that are shared with the Runaway Bay Library and Soccer Club, including six for people displaying a disability parking permit.