Our Centres are used by community groups, business, and not for profit organisations to run their activities and events
If you’re looking to join a weekly class or regular group that meets at the Runaway Bay Youth Centre, find out what's on at the centre on our list of regular activities that take place.
Make sure to visit the page regularly to keep up to date with the monthly updates of new activities. When you find something for you, please contact the individual organisers directly to confirm costs, class sizes, availability and start dates prior to attending your first class.
The Gold Coast events calendar lists special events at community centres and other locations across the city.
A range of After School and School holiday programs for 12 to 17 year olds, operate within the Centre. Please see further details on the Youth Program web page.
Click to enlarge
The Runaway Bay Youth Centre exists to provide a convenient, safe space where the community can run special event or attend regular activities.
Wi-Fi and internet
Connect to the internet on the Runaway Bay Youth Centre’s free Wi-Fi service.
There are 24 car spaces and two permit parking spaces are accessible from Oxley Drive, in front of the skate park.
Unique to the Runaway Bay Youth Centre is:
- Youth Group for 12-17 year olds. The after school program runs Tuesday to Friday each week from 3pm to 5pm. School holiday programs run for between one and four weeks, depending on the length of the school holiday break. More details can be found on our Community Centres Youth Program page
- Music rehearsal space. Bands should be able to walk in, plug in and play instead of wasting time setting up gear! We’ve provided back line with a five piece Tama drum kit, and PA system including microphones, Peavey deluxe guitar amplifier and Mark bass combination amplifier.
- Recording studio. We’re set up to service everyone from emerging artists to established musicians who are looking for a space with competitive pricing.
- In-house audio visual support. Qualified sound and lighting technicians are available by appointment to support recording and events at competitive hourly rates.
Other facilities nearby
The Runaway Bay Youth Centre is one part of a range of facilities offered in the local community. Other facilities you’ll find close by are:
The Runaway Bay Youth Centre welcomes community members of all abilities and is proud to offer the following specifically designed features:
- two designated accessible parking spaces
- accessible pathways leading to amenities and rooms throughout the centre
- accessible bathroom facilities provided within the centre.
Please note that the level one meeting rooms at this centre can only be reached by stairs and there is no elevator.
The Runaway Bay Youth Centre features some of the most modern multi-purpose spaces to hire on the northern side of the City.
Everyone in the community; individuals, businesses, clubs and Not for Profit groups are welcome to take advantage of the large multi -purpose hall, meeting room, music rehearsal space and recording studio.
How to hire a room
There are five easy steps to hire a room:
- Choose a room that suits your needs. The Community Centre hire information pack contains photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces. The cost of hiring rooms is detailed in the Community Centres Fees and Charges document, both of which can be viewed or downloaded on the Community Centre hire information page
- Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability. Click the button below to complete an enquiry form online. If you’d like assistance completing the online form, our team will help you out in person or over the phone on 07 5667 5986.
- Finalise the finer details with the Community Centre team. One of our Community Centres team members will be in contact within three working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
- Pay for your booking in advance. You’ll receive a ‘Notice to Pay’ to the email address you provided on the Booking Enquiry Form. All bookings must be paid in advance, and details of payment and cancellation terms are outlined in the Conditions of Hire document.
- Attend an induction. All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you’ve hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large scale event.
Community Centres booking enquiry form
Location: 379 Oxley Drive, Runaway Bay
Bus: Translink Bus Routes 712 and 713
Car: From M1 northbound - take exit 57. From M1 southbound take exit 66.
Parking: The Runaway Bay Youth Centre has 24 car spaces including two for people displaying a disability parking permit.