The NaturallyGC program activities has resumed.
The NaturallyGC program currently operates under a COVID Safe Plan to ensure the health and safety of participants. It is essential to register for each event and adhere to the latest Queensland Health advice.
Connect, conserve and explore nature with NaturallyGC and participate in a variety of free and low cost nature based education workshops, activities, events and nature based recreation across the Gold Coast.
The NaturallyGC program aims to:
- connect residents and visitors alike with nature and the Gold Coast natural areas
- provide and promote opportunities for on-ground action and conservation
- provide a range of free and low cost nature based workshops and activities for all ages
- provide beneficial, environmental education opportunities
- provide and promote opportunities for sustainable nature based recreation
- raise awareness of the environmental values of the Gold Coast
- promote and support city-wide conservation initiatives
- encourage an active and healthy lifestyle.
Each year the program engages over 14,000 individuals across the Gold Coast with over 900 individual activities. The City funds a range of specific workshops for the program but also provides support to various community organisations that deliver a range of environmental education programs for the community to enjoy and take part in.
You can connect, conserve and explore our city's natural environment through a broad range of NaturallyGC activities:
- help plant native trees for wildlife or connect with a local Bushcare, Landcare or BeachCare group
- go on a guided bushwalk, discover our natural areas and sustainable nature based recreation opportunities
- discover our unique native wildlife including the iconic koala, platypus, frogs, water bugs, native bees and more
- switch screen time for green time with kids' nature play and interactive activities
- become a citizen scientist and contribute to the monitoring of our waterways, wildlife and natural areas
- find out more about green festivals on offer
- immerse in indigenous culture
- capture the beauty of our natural areas through photography
- learn more about native gardening and a range of other environmental education themed activities
- connect to other city-led environment initiatives.
Share your experience on social media #NaturallyGC
For information about the accessibility of workshops or if you have any specific access requirements please contact us on 07 5667 5972.
Check out free and low-cost environmental workshops, events, activities and sustainable nature-based recreation on our events calendar.
Connect with nature through our online NaturallyGC activities and resources.
Switch screen time for green time over the school holidays and plan how to connect kids to nature.
Connect and learn more about our Enviro and Wildlife Warriors.
Stay connected to nature and don’t miss an event.
Connect with one of our partners or become a NaturallyGC partner.
We value your input to help NaturallyGC continue to give you a rewarding nature based experience and further engage and connect the Gold Coast community with our natural environment.
Capture the beauty of our hinterland, waterways, nature trails and native plants and animals.
Nature Play QLD's Passport to An Amazing Childhood has stacks of fun outdoor play missions for kids.
Find more information on City environment programs and environmental resources to assist you with connecting to and conserving nature.
Return to top