Elanora - Guineas Creek Road retaining wall
Commencing: January 2021
Completion: April 2021
The City is undertaking replacement works on the Guineas Creek Road retaining wall, Elanora (opposite Aethelia Street). The retaining wall will be remediated to ensure the embankment is stabilised.
- weed and tree removal, including several established gum tress - a fauna spotter will be on site
- demolition and removal of existing dilapidated timber retaining wall
- removal of existing pedestrian mesh barrier
- excavation for new retaining wall including piled footings
- construction of reinforced concrete pile footings
- construction of concrete retaining wall
- installation of galvanised cyclist barrier
- installation of new guardrail
- landscaping and planting of koala-friendly trees.
Considerable efforts are being made to minimise disruptions. However, local residents may notice construction noise and dust at times.
To ensure these works are able to be carried out safely, the Guineas Creek Road will have traffic management and speed reductions for the works duration. Two lanes will be maintained.
- maintained structural integrity and extended service life of road embankment
- improved safety for all road and footpath users
- improved resilience to natural disaster (landslide) and high volume rainfall events
- reduced ongoing maintenance costs.
Please observe warning signs, exercise caution and slow down when driving past construction zones.
Thank you for your patience. For more information please call the Project Manager on 07 5667 3760.
Extent of works
Return to top