What can I recycle fact sheet
View the below fact sheet for more information about what can be recycled:
Use our bin day finder to find out your bin collection day and which week is your recycling week.
Need more space in your recycling bin? Find out how to upsize to a larger recycling bin.
In our yellow lid recycling bins, residents and businesses can recycle:
- All plastic bottles and containers
- Aluminium and steel cans, including empty aerosol cans
- Bottles and jars made only of glass
- Clean cardboard, newspaper, loose paper, junk mail, magazines and cartons
While we prefer your recyclables to be empty and clean to reduce odour and have a safe working environment for our staff, it is not necessary to remove all residues for them to be acceptable.
Items which cannot go in your yellow lid recycling bin:
- NO plastic bags (always place your recyclables loosely in the bin)
- NO thin plastic films like glad wrap, bubble wrap or black plastic
- NO disposable nappies
- NO food scraps, green waste or dead animals
- NO clothing, shoes or accessories
- NO pyrex or heat-resistant glass
- NO crockery, china or ceramics
- NO polystyrene or styrofoam
- NO light bulbs or fluorescent tubes
- NO tiles, bricks, stones or soil
- NO syringes.
Materials placed in yellow lid recycling bins go to the Materials Recovery Facility at Carrara to be sorted by machine and by hand. They are then compacted, baled and sent away to be remade into other products.