Council of the City of Gold Coast (Council) shall not be liable, to the extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any use of or reliance on any information contained on this page, or in connection with any event advertised on this site.
Council makes no warranty as to the accuracy of the information posted.
As a condition of advertising your event on the City of Gold Coast event calendar, you warrant that all approvals and permits required to be obtained in respect of the event, have been obtained and that the event complies with all legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to the location of the event.
Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Council (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any personal injury or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and or staging of the event listed on this site.
To be included in the City of Gold Coast event calendar, events must:
- be held on the Gold Coast (with the exception of those held in Tweed Heads by not-for-profit organisations such as Services Clubs due to their proximity for Gold Coast residents)
- be family-friendly and have broad appeal to residents and visitors
- provide confirmed details at time of submission (incomplete or vague submissions will not be accepted)
- not be of a strictly commercial nature (except when the cost is for an event deemed to provide a broader benefit to the Gold Coast community and/or businesses (e.g. community education, tourism, business development and attraction) or when the event is hosted by a not-for-profit organisation (e.g. RSL Club)).
- Series of events or regular permanent attractions, courses or activities described as monthly, weekly or daily will not be accepted. Each event must be uploaded individually.
- If your event is a recurring event, once you’ve created an event listing, you can use the same event page for each occurrence (i.e. update the past event with new dates and details, instead of creating a new one.) This will give your event page higher rankings in search engines.
- In order to ensure all our events get good visibility on the calendar, with only the most current ones displaying at the top of the list, events are only allowed to display for a maximum of two weeks at a time.
- To make the most of your event listing, it’s recommended you make the heading short and repeatable, use key words which are likely to be used as search terms – do not put dates/year in the event name.
- Inclusion in the event calendar is not guaranteed and the final decision is at the discretion of the City of Gold Coast.
- Events held at City of Gold Coast community centres and venues and HOTA, Home of the Arts (formerly The Arts Centre Gold Coast) are entitled to be listed on the City of Gold Coast event calendar.
Return to top