Apply online using the form below.
Alternatively, download a copy of the form, scan and email it to us or submit at one of our customer service centres.
You must submit the following documentation with your application:
- a copy of your Broadform Public liability insurance
- for large productions, a site plan showing:
- the location of filming, unit base, essentials, set, any equipment or activity that may impact the public
- if you need to close a road or footpath, a Traffic Management Plan provided by a certified Traffic Management company.
Most permit applications take seven (7) business days to assess.
We need more time to assess shoots that may impact the public, e.g. those needing secured parking, road closures or set construction.
Please refer to the application form for the current fee amount.
The permit application fee may be reduced to nil ($0) if you prove:
- you own, rent or lease a rateable property within the City of Gold Coast
- are a registered charity
- voluntary sporting organisation
- community group
- religious group
- incorporated not for profit organisation.
If claiming eligibility, you must attach evidence with your application. Evidence can include:
- a signed lease agreement, details of property ownership
- ASIC documentation detailing 'Principal place of business'
- two bills (within last six months) detailing residential address
- registration with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC).
Location fees are not required to film on most City-managed open areas, e.g. roads, parks and beaches.
If you need to use a City facility, e.g. aquatic and community centres, a fee may be applicable.
Bond payments are sometimes required, e.g. when there is a risk of damage to public infrastructure.
We will tell you if a bond is required when we've assessed your application.
You must provide a copy of your Broadform Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency. The sum insured must be a minimum of $10 million (AUD).
Our Film Attraction Program provides location assistance and a financial incentive package.
Please call City Laws Approvals on 07 5667 5987 for more information.