City of Gold Coast

Navigation Search



A gatehouse is defined as a small building at the entrance to a house.

A building approval is required to construct a gatehouse.

Your building certifier will submit the application for approval to build within the front setback.

For preferred outcomes when designing within the front setback. Refer to the Building Advisory Notes.

Service locations including water, stormwater and sewer need to be checked when designing.

Obtain service location details through either open data or 'GIS location or service' on the search request.

Who can I contact for more information?

Building designers and architects can assist with the design process.

Our Planning Enquiries Centre can assist with setback requirements on 07 5582 8708 or email:

Related information

Back  Return to top