Local Government Infrastructure Plan
In accordance with the Planning Act 2016, the City of Gold Coast implemented a Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) as Part 4 of the City Plan, commencing on 27 June 2018. The LGIP outlines the City’s vision for trunk infrastructure over the next 15 years.
After public consultation and approval from the State Government to adopt, the LGIP Stormwater quality amendment has been included in the LGIP and has commenced from 1 July 2019.
To view the LGIP components, please refer to:
An overview of the LGIP follows:
- State legislation required the City to prepare and adopt an LGIP that clearly aligned with our long-term financial plan by 1 July 2018.
- The LGIP is an overarching document that outlines where required trunk infrastructure will be delivered, when it will be delivered and how it will be delivered.
- It outlines the City’s vision for trunk infrastructure services including water supply, sewerage, transport, stormwater quality and public parks and land for community facilities networks, which will meet the needs of our growing community. The stormwater quantity network is a separate amendment and will be publically notified at a different time.
- The plan boosts our robust economy by providing transparent information to developers and businesses regarding our future infrastructure plans.
- Under the new plan we can continue to provide infrastructure in an efficient, coordinated and financially sustainable way that protects our enviable lifestyle for decades to come.
- The LGIP will be reviewed regularly and amended with the City Plan.
Water Supply and Sewerage Infrastructure Plan 2019
From 4 November 2019, the Water Supply and Sewerage Infrastructure Plan 2019 provides the current planning for the water and sewerage networks, including updated desired standards of service and plans for trunk infrastructure to service growth in the City. This plan now provides the basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals. This plan forms part of the City of Gold Coast’s Water Netserv Plan 2019. This is the City’s plan that demonstrates satisfactory provision of water supply and sewerage services under the South East Queensland Water (Distribution and Retail Restructuring) Act 2009.
For more information, contact the Strategic Infrastructure team on 07 5582 8229 or email at StrategicInfrastructure@goldcoast.qld.gov.au
Return to top