Material change of use
A material change of use is applicable when the way a property is being used is altered. An example of a material change of use would be:
- when a vacant block of land changes to have a dwelling on it
- when a dwelling house changes to be a multiple dwelling on it.
When is a material change of use required?
A material change of use development application is required when there is:
- the start of a new use of the premises; or
- the re-establishment on the premises of a use that has been abandoned; or
- a material change in the intensity of scale of the use of the premises.
Development application information
Refer to frequently asked questions below for more information about application requirements.
Refer to the forms and applications section below for links to the forms and to apply online.
For applications fees see our register of fees and charges.
If you believe that someone is conducting an illegal business or one which does not comply with the conditions of its approval, you can report it online.
For any enquiries related to approvals for the use of a premises for short term accommodation please contact the Planning Enquiries Centre on 07 5582 8708 for more information.
Return to top