City of Gold Coast

Navigation Search

Material change of use


A material change of use is applicable when the way a property is being used is altered. An example of a material change of use would be:

When is a material change of use required?

A material change of use development application is required when there is:

Development application information

Refer to frequently asked questions below for more information about application requirements.

Refer to the forms and applications section below for links to the forms and to apply online.

For applications fees see our register of fees and charges.

If you believe that someone is conducting an illegal business or one which does not comply with the conditions of its approval, you can report it online.

For any enquiries related to approvals for the use of a premises for short term accommodation please contact the Planning Enquiries Centre on 07 5582 8708 for more information.

Related information

Back  Return to top