A licence is required where the premises is used for the accommodation of one or more households where each resident:
- has a right to occupy one or more rooms
- does not have a right to occupy the whole of the premises in which the rooms are situated
- may be provided with separate facilities for private use
- may share communal facilities or communal space, with one or more of the other residents.
The use may include:
- rooms not in the same building on site
- provision of a food or other service
- on-site management or staff and associated accommodation.
Before submitting your application, you should ensure the site has the appropriate development approval to prevent your application being delayed.
Once the above has been obtained, complete and submit a hostel accommodation licence application.
To avoid delays in processing your application, please ensure the following supporting information is included with your application:
- Site plan / floor plan detailing access to and egress from the accommodation, proposed use of each room, location and type of all rooms, sanitary facilities, laundry facilities and shared facilities.
- Certificate of compliance issued by Queensland Fire & Rescue Service
- Certificate of classification of building.
No fees are required for this application.
Find a link to the hostel accommodation licence application form below.