Accessibility at the Gold Coast Aquatic Centre
Gold Coast Aquatic Centre (GCAC) seeks to ensure that all people can participate in activities at the centre in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Accessible and inclusive features at GCAC include:
- accessible parking located at the main entrance
- wheelchair accessible main entry and exit gates
- main entrance reception desk with accessible height area
- accessible toilet and change room amenities
- accessible pool hoist / chairlift access all pools operated by fully trained staff
- ramped wheelchair access to the program pool
- automatic doors and entry gates
- lift access to level one function rooms, event seating and the fitness centre
- floatation belts and other devices
- staff trained as Teachers of Aquatics – Access and Inclusion (TAI).
Accordingly, the Accessible and Inclusive City Action Plan prepared by City of Gold Coast identifies measurable actions in a range of areas considered to have the greatest potential to improve equitable access in the provision of public services at Gold Coast Aquatic Centre.
Return to top