Aquatic centres - Conditions of entry
The City of Gold Coast is responsible for the management of this aquatic centre. Centre management of this aquatic centre reserves the right to refuse entry. Refusal to comply with these conditions of entry may result in removal from the centre.
Please take the time to read these conditions to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
- Gold Coast Aquatic Centres are non-smoking venues and includes all outdoor areas.
- Please observe our pool rules located within the centre at all times including showering before entering the pools.
- Any patrons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the centre. Management reserve the right to ask anyone under the influence or alcohol or drugs to leave the centre.
- Anyone attempting to gain entry to the centre without paying or without authorisation will be prosecuted. We do not issue pass outs.
- Patrons are not permitted to bring glass objects, alcohol, illegal or offensive substances or items, weapons or sharp objects of any kind into the centre. Management reserve the right to search bags if required.
- Disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour and language are not permitted. Management reserve the right to remove offenders from the centre.
- Any persons destroying property, equipment, risking the safety of others or found in breach of these conditions will be reported to the appropriate authority and asked to leave the centre.
- Children under the age of 12 years must be closely supervised by an adult (18 years and over) who can render assistance if required. Children aged two years and under are admitted free with a paying adult.
- Articles of clothing such as underwear, street wear and jeans including cut-off shorts, t-shirts, bike pants, leotards, casual wear and sporting wear are strictly prohibited in the pools. Only standard swimwear is to be worn in the water. If required, waterproof nappies must be worn in the water at all times.
- Persons with stomach illness, open cuts, sores, skin, eye or respiratory infections are prohibited from using the pool.
- Food and beverage is catered onsite and no commercial fast foods or commercial delivery food services are permitted in the centre under any circumstances.
- No pets or animals are permitted in the centre, with the exception of certified Guide or Service dogs.
- Only City of Gold Coast Aquatic Centres staff or approved contractors are permitted to conduct tours of the centre.
- Only City of Gold Coast Aquatic Centres staff or approved contractors are permitted to conduct learn to swim, private swimming lessons and coaching sessions.
- Camera surveillance operates in the centre to ensure public safety and fro the investigation and prosecution of criminal offences. Footage will only be accessed by persons authorised to do so.
- Video cameras, still cameras and mobile phone cameras are not permitted in Centre change rooms.
- At the first sight of thunder or lightning, outdoor pools will be vacated and will remain closed until at least 30 minutes after the last sign of thunder or lightning.
- Running, pushing, rough play, bombing, pulling or sitting on lane ropes is not permitted. Spitting or spouting water from the mouth is prohibited.
- No large rubber rings or large buoyant aids are to be brought into the centre. Skateboards, skates, rollerblades, scooters, bicycles and similar equipment are not be permitted inside the centre.
- You enter and use this facility at your own risk.
- Gold Coast Aquatic Centres accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen belongings. Where available, lockers are available to store personal belonging during customer visits only.
- Conditions of entry are also subject to Subordinate Local Law number 7.2 (Public Swimming Pool Complex) 2008.
Return to top