Cedar Creek rises on the western slopes of Mount Tamborine (Scenic Rim Regional Council) drops down through a series of waterfalls and flows through the surrounding forested slopes and creek flats until it joins with the Albert River.
Timber and sawmills
Timber getters and their families moved into this in this area in the 1860s to cut the red cedar, beech and hoop pine on the mountain slopes.
After the Government survey of the area, Jesse Daniels established a sawmill on a property called Rodborough Farm not far from where Cedar Creek joins with the Albert River.
Cedar Creek community
The timber industry was always an important part of the local economy but settlers also established dairies and grazing properties.
A school opened in 1874. Many years later in 1913, the Cedar Creek Hall was constructed with community funds and local labour.
The area has always prided itself on its strong sense of community and local identity. The hall and the school are still the significant public buildings in the area.
Information and images provided by the City of Gold Coast Local Studies Collection.