We apply a user-pays model to events held in City parks. Should an event provide the opportunity for any person or business to make commercial gain, a venue hire fee will apply.
Low/medium/high impact fees are determined upon individual assessment of event applications. Factors that are taken into consideration may include:
- physical impact to the park such as event infrastructure and access i.e. fencing, staging, marquees, food trucks, vehicle access etc.
- number of participants/spectators anticipated
- classification of the park i.e. a premium foreshore destination park
- the level of commercial use.
A refundable bond may also apply to your event. Bonds vary based on:
- scale and size of event infrastructure
- duration of the event
- number of participants
- location profile and level of park embellishment
- seasonal weather conditions
- the types of vehicles required onsite.
Standard bonds range from $1000 to $5000, while events with greater impact will incur a larger bond.
If your event is not a free community event or is held at Broadwater Parklands, Kurrawa Terrace or the Village Heart, other venue hire fee structures will apply. Please refer to the Register of fees and charges for fees under the below categories:
- Park and reserve hire rates
- Park usage: Use by conference and corporate associated events
- Hire rates (TCRA) Temporary Commercial Recreation Activities
- Broadwater Parklands
- Village Heart
- Kurrawa Terrace.