Gold Coast Music Advisory Group
Helping shape a new live music era for the Gold Coast.
The Music Advisory Group is an advisory body to the City’s local government authority. It has been established to assist in work outlined in the Music Action Plan 2021.
The objective of the Music Advisory Group is to leverage the collective industry connections and expertise to benefit key priority areas of the Music Action Plan (MAP 2021).
The Music Advisory Group will:
- provide information and advice to the City on current issues and trends affecting the provision of live music on the Gold Coast
- galvanise industry support
- assist in tracking the progress of the MAP 2021 including:
- its recommendations and initiatives implemented by the City and
- identified partners.
The Music Advisory Group’s role is to:
- Advocate for the local music industry and initiatives that support its growth and development.
- Connect local industry with each other and local industry with national and international industry.
- Provide information on potential career pathways, development initiatives and industry opportunities that will build our local music industry’s impact nationally.
- Provide information and advice to the City on current issues and trends affecting the provision of live music.
Current Music Advisory Group Members
- Dean Gould – Chair
- Matt Schneider
- Mark Duckworth
- Kylie Cobb
- Graham Ashton
- Brad Hinds
- Brad Hosking
- Lachlan McGuffie
- Denise Foley
- Lann Levinge
Arts and Culture | Lifestyle and Community
Return to top
Phone: 07 5582 9528