The following sporting venues have reopened for specific activities, subject to availability:
- Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre - open for court-based sports during set times. Shoot around hours have now been extended from 8am to 9pm
- Coomera Indoor Sports Centre - open for gymnastics leased and bookings only between 4pm and 10pm
- Carrara Indoor Sports Stadium - open for squash and court-based sports bookings
- Gold Coast Sports Precinct - open between 4pm and 10pm for bookings
- Gold Coast Cycle Centre - open between 4pm and 10pm for bookings
Numbers of participants for indoor courts and outdoor fields are aligned with State Government COVID-19 restrictions outlined in the documents below:
Indoor sports group - Industry COVID safe plan
Outdoor team sports - Industry COVID safe plan
Field team sports - Industry COVID safe plan
Stage 3 ingress and egress plan (PDF 875kb)
Contact the individual centres for further information.
To stay up to date with changes to City of Gold Coast's services visit cityofgoldcoast.com.au/covid19
The City of Gold Coast's Community Grants Program provides financial assistance to community organisations that seek to deliver projects with a whole of city focus, are in the public interest and benefit the residents of the Gold Coast.
Due to a change of policy, some programs under the new Community Grants Policy are now being offered twice a year, with Round 2 opening in January 2021.
Past grant recipients include community organisations that deliver sports, music, environmental, social, indigenous, seniors, youth and community-focussed outcomes.
Applications for the Community Grants Program are now open and will close on 31 August. There will be a second round of some grants programs opening in January 2021 – stay tuned via the link below.
For more information and to apply visit our Community grants page.
Where projects have a divisional or local focus, applications should be submitted to the Discretionary Grants Program which will be accepting applications from 17 August to 11 September 2020.
Contact us for further information at Community Venues and Services Branch on 07 5581 8161 or email email@example.com.